1. Very soon we will be entering into the Lenten Season. We will again be burning Palm Branches to provide ashes for Ash Wednesday. Baskets will be located at the entrances of the Church in order for you to place the old palms that you wish to be burned. Our Service for the Palm Branch Burning will take place after the 4:30 p.m. Mass Saturday, February 22, outside the Church on the driveway located on the Sayre Ave side - weather permitting. Please plan on attending.
2. Church contribution statements for 2019 will be prepared for Parishioners upon request. To request a year-end statement, please call the Parish Office. All requested tax letters are ready for pick up in the back of the Church.
3. If you have not already done so, please return the Women's Center "spare change" baby bottles
that were distributed back in January.
4. The next PPC meeting will be held on Monday, February 24, at 7pm in the school Library.
5. This upcoming Wednesday, February 26th we celebrate Ash Wednesday. The schedule is as follows 6:30am Service, 8:15am Mass with School, 3:00pm Service, 6:00pm Bilingual (Eng/Span) Mass and 7:30pm Polish Mass.
6. Please join us for Stations of the Cross every Friday during Lent 5:45pm Spanish, 6:15pm English and 7:00pm Polish.
7. Beginning February 28th at 5pm in Liebrich Hall The St. William Youth Group will be hosting their annual Lenten Pasta Dinners every Friday during Lent. Dinners are $5.00 for adults and $4.00 for Seniors and Children under 12. Beverages will also be available for purchase. The dinners include a bowl of pasta salad and bread.
8. The Girl Scout of St William will be selling cookies after the Masses the weekend of Feb. 29th and March 1st.
9. Please, save the date Saturday, March 7th for Pasta Dinner with St. Joseph Sweet Table and Fruit Table in Liebrich Hall. Doors open after the 4:30pm mass. Tickets can be purchased at the rectory or at the door on March 7th.
10. The Blue and White Gala, fundraiser for St William School, will be held on Saturday March 21st in Liebrich Hall. More information is in the bulletin and tickets are available for purchase at school and at the rectory.
11. The 8th-Grade has an on-going Queen of Hearts fundraiser that you may be interested in that is currently hosted at Eva's Sports Bar on Grand Avenue.
"Our DREAM BIG Car Raffle Winners!!!
The Parish Council and Fr. Gron would like to congratulate the winners of our Dream Big Car Raffle.
Third Prize winner(s) is Charles and Patricia Boyle.
Second prize winner is Teresa Anna Wypych, who has donated the $1500 prize to the parish.
First prize winner..?
Well that's a great story...
Fr. Gron and the Parish Council invited Bishop Manz to the Cruising With The Saints Party-Drawing held on January 12th.
During the Homily at the 4:30 Mass Bishop Manz joked about not having a ticket for the car raffle.
A avid parishioner and volunteer here at St. William, Maria Alvarado, bought a ticket for the Bishop.
During the event Bishop Manz awarded Barbara Rogers the parishioner of the year award.
Barbara greatly deserved this award due to her many years of service to the parish as a Cantor, Choir member and long time parishioner, among other duties. Our heart felt congratulations and appreciation goes out to her.
Bishop Manz had to leave before the car raffle drawing.
He handed his ticket to Christopher Gonzales who is a student in the St. William RCIA Program and was volunteering at the event that night.
The Bishop told Christopher if the ticket is drawn that Christopher could have the prize
And Guess What Happened...
Bishop Manz's ticket was drawn and Christopher won first prize.
When Christopher called his mother Maria to tell her he won she did not believe him at first. Then finally, after some convincing she came to the party and believed.
God works through so many people.... this is evidence of that truth.
WHAT A GREAT NIGHT!!!
Thank you to all who purchased and sold tickets, volunteered in any capacity and supported the raffle for our parish.
TO TEACH WHO CHRIST IS
The Campaign is still on-going and we need everyone’s help in achieving it. If you have pledged already - THANK YOU - we are most grateful and thankful for your generosity. For those who have not please prayerfully consider a pledge of any amount. Pledge cards can be found at the entrances of church and rectory.